Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Go, Fight, WIN


Tell me he doesn't look like Superman in orange. Last night, Boise State Broncos won for the second time in the Fiesta Bowl. Boise State made the history and won the title of BCS National Championship (2010 Fiesta Bowl). Undefeated this season, they are one of only two teams to hold the title of 14 and 0 this year.

Personally, this picture showed one of my favorite moments in the game when #22 literally flew over the opposition and in to the end zone. Although, I admit I was screaming, clapping and stomping my feet when the interception that won the game came through.

The thing is, I'm not a huge football fan- but I love those Broncos.

And the point of this post is about beating the odds. Boise State was assured they would not make it into the Fiesta Bowl this year. TCU, the opposing team was working hard to edge them out and last year, was the only team to defeat BSU.

So against all odds, Boise State not only went to the Fiesta Bowl, but they won it, and against the only team that could beat them last year.

Who holds us back? Is it the world convincing you that you can't make it? Are you feeling edged out by the competition?

All I can say is GO FIGHT WIN!

Really. Don't give up.

If you happen to be a writer it is so easy to look at all the amazing books out there, the hugely successful authors and feel certain there is no way you could ever be one of them. I know, I feel like that everyday. And yet, there is nothing that can keep me from trying. Writing stories is one of the rare things you can do for free. Novels are created from thin air. Who's stopping you?

If I've learned anything from studying how other authors got published, it's that you can't give up. If one story doesn't take you where you want to go, write another one. If you want an agent, keep submitting. Keep writing new things to submit. I'm convinced that if you write long enough you WILL get there.

Utterly convinced. That's how stuborn I am. Or determined. I refuse to believe that I'm stuck with where I started. I don't know how long it's going to take me to get to where I want to be, but I do know that if I work long enough at it, I will get there.

My track record doesn't look like I'll ever be a successful author, or maybe it looks like I won't quit until I am. I gave up counting how many rejections I've had. Counting them does not help me win. Instead, I'm growing an impressive list of agents to send to while writing another book I'm hoping will hit the mark.

And if it doesn't, I'll write another one.

All it takes is time, and I'm planning on using a lot of it to get to where I want to be.

So here's to everyone out there with a dream. Don't let anyone convince you that you'll never make it. Go, Fight, WIN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my mind, you're already quite successful, and this post proves it. Your determination and spirit will see you to greater heights, friend. I promise.

Synergy Girl said...

Oh...that was a very AWESOME game...I must say...and leave it to you to find a way to make it even more meaningful!! You are a successful author....!! One of my Young Women had a book with her...and I realized...holy cow...that is my sister's book...and they hadn't asked me for it!!