Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Santa Claus is Coming

It's almost here. Christmas.

Last night (after spending the evening wrapping presents) we came home to find our kids wandering around the house at 10:15 PM as if that was normal. Ha ha ha...

We ended up on a "What I want for Christmas" conversation (a little late) and found out how we scored as parents.

From oldest to youngest, we got the updated list. Updated as in this is the first time we had heard most of this stuff.

Okay, we got a couple things right, like 25%.

It makes me want to take back all the stuff we bought and buy them what they really want. But I won't. Because it's too much work.

And really, are they going to be that disappointed when they open their presents this year? I doubt they will spend any time grieving for the things they wanted when something brand new is sitting right in front of them.

I could be wrong.

But what else can I do?

My six-year-old son was explaining how things worked to my three-year-old daughter the other day. See, sometimes Santa can't come to your house. Then mom and dad just take care of everything. That's what happened last year.

It did???

Dang.

I must have done something wrong.

I wonder if Santa is coming this year. The only way we'll know for sure is if there's a little coal waiting for us. At least according to my six-year-old son, we have a few on the Naughty List.

2 comments:

Nate and Robin said...

I love that he has put people on he naughty list, but I'm SURE he's not on it. :) We should get together some time while you guys are on Christmas break.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that same thing happens to us about last minute lists. We RARELY exchange. =P

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and hoping your stocking doesn't have any coal in it!