Monday, January 3, 2011

No Regrets

2010 wasn't a year that will go down in the history of time as the best year ever for me, but as I look back, and especially forward, I have no regrets.

Someone reminded me of how excited I should be about some of the things I have. And I am.

Confession... I'm Irish dancing again. And loving it completely. Four of my kids are dancing too and I can't even begin to describe the joy that brings to me as I watch them dance. It's like a miracle. I didn't think it would be possible to find again, but now that I have it, I'm not letting go. Thanks Christy for reminding me how deep my love for Irish dance runs and that I should be proud to be a part of it no matter how old I may be.

Writing....I have a new twist for the ending of the book that I am working on. Now I can't wait to get that piece tied up. It's almost there. Almost. I'm so close. Then I'll write the third and final book to the Alvor series and work on edits for the book I'm now finishing. So far, that's what's on the list.

Published...The next book in the Alvor series will come out in April. Janette Rallison just gave me a brilliant idea for a new first sentence today. Thanks Janette!

Still...clogging after all these years. And loving every second of it! The Boise Competition is the same weekend as the LTUE (Life the Universe and Everything) writers conference down at BYU. I was invited to be a panelist again this year, but I had to step out so I could be here for the Boise Competition. If they hadn't moved the dates for the LTUE, I would have been able to do both. Alas, clogging comes first. But I'm really going to miss the BYU experience. Maybe next year.

LDStorymakers Conference... is coming in May and you won't want to miss it. I'm so excited to get to be a part of this event. We have three agents and three editors coming and all are taking pitches. Right now, all the agents pitch sessions are full, but if you would like to get on the waiting list, e-mail me. There are still spots open for all three editors.

So, bring it on 2011. I'm ready.

1 comment:

Nate and Robin said...

Note from Robin: Dear, you are not "that" old. You can't stop dancing. You are still healthy and beautiful. If your body can still move, use it. :)
It was so nice to see you all. Thanks again for having us over.