Thursday, March 29, 2012

My to-do list

Hmmm. Yep, it's official. I have nothing amazing to say today.

So, I thought I'd share a random thing that has nothing to do writing.

You know, in case someone else's boring life is more exciting than your own.

Lately I've been researching...

*How to pour a concrete sidewalk.

Guess what step one is. Planning and tools. You would think this would be obvious, but there is something to be said about starting a project with all the stuff you need.

Beyond that, and within the text of the process it states, "Caution: do not lose an eye." Well said.

I could lose an eye putting in a sidewalk???

People, this is why I need some help from a man who figures things out. And is strong. Good thing I'm married to one.

Now all I need to do is find him about two days worth of free time. Ha ha ha aha ha ha... oh, that was a good one.

Which is why I'm actually reading the "How to pour a concrete sidewalk" article. And I still think I couldn't do this thing alone. Very well. Cement is heavy.

Hmmm. The mud path leading to my front door will have to wait until it stops raining. After that, we'll see how desperate I am to fix it. If you see me outside with tools, you'll know.

5 comments:

Our Family said...

Funny the things a rainy day will inspire. Best of luck! :)

Laura said...

Hmmm, professionals are sounding better by the second.

Gaylene said...

Thanks for the laugh, I hope you do not lose an eye but do gain a new sidewalk!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about cement projects too but I think I'd botch it if I did it on my own. My sister did and somehow managed to get bits of it on the siding of her house that won't come off. That's scared me off of doing it alone.

Laura said...

Escavated today. 7 inches deep. And it's raining...