Friday, November 2, 2012

Epic Tales of a Misfit Hero by Matt Peterson




It's here!  The dream book for every 9-12 year old kid.  Seriously.  Matt Peterson speaks boy-tweenism.  He understands the deranged quirky and sometimes articulate sense of humor that so many tween boys have such a firm grasp of.

What can I say?  It was so funny I was pulled in.  

Now I wonder what that says about me.

HMMMmmmm.

I give up.  This book takes you there, to those years when life was on big brand new and sometimes smelly soggy and annoying adventure.  And I'm totally recommending this one to my own 11 year old who will undoubtedly get the story even better than I did.

I can hear the instant-replays already.

Classic moments from the cusp of young-menhood.  Aaah.. And to think we're solidly headed that way at my house with my soon-to-be 12 year-old.

Get this for your kids.  Then sneak it away and read it because it WILL make you laugh.

Laughing is good.  Just hope none of it strikes you too solidly as exactly your own experiences growing up or I already feel sorry for you.



Do you have a sense of humor?

No comments: