Friday, November 2, 2012

Long Time, No See

Whew, it's been ... like forever since I came here.  I have some exciting book reviews coming up in the very near future.  I can't believe I haven't been completely forgotten in the writing community.  I feel like I have taken a break from that part of my life so I could keep up with the demands of teaching high school.

Oh, and I LOVE my job.  Love it. 

Yes, it's tons of work.  Tons of hours.  We are on an accelerated program at my school so we cover a whole year's worth in half the time.  Last week was finals.  This week I had all new classes for second semester.  Crazy. 

We had such an awesome Halloween at school.  We played with dry ice, made some bubbling chemical reactions brew and someone even "exploded" their concoction.  Heaven.  You know you're a science geek when you feel a sense of satisfaction watching teenagers fascinated by the phenomenon of sublimation.

And my little trick-or-treaters were gorgeous.  My kids made me walk around the block for an hour and a half.  So fun.  Funny how even big kids don't want to grow up on Halloween.

Okay, so I'll be checking in tomorrow with my next book review.  Stop in.  It's a good one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you're loving your job and that things are going well with reviews and life in general! Good to see you!

Laura said...

Good to see you again too! Hope your world is bright and beautiful.