Friday, June 18, 2010

We have a Winner!

Using random.org I came up with a lucky winner of the $40 gift card to CSN stores.

Congratulations Tracey!

So, I've been breaking "rules". I never announced when the contest would end, but then, I've been on vacation and now that I'm back, it seemed like as good a time as any to move things along.

Thanks to all of you who sent warm thoughts! It really meant a lot to me.

Since I've announced that I signed with an agent, I've had some more questions related to the subject.

Who did I sign with? That's been the most common question. And, without further ado, I give you Irene Kraas from Kraas Literary Agency. She is an intriguing agent who represents an assortment of genres that I can't help but love. If I'm lucky, she'll keep loving everything I write and we'll make an unstoppable team.

Since I'll probably never stop writing, I'm going to come up with lots more new ideas. The book I'm working on right now is really different than everything else I've done. Hopefully it will someday be a hit too.

If by some miracle, we sell my latest manuscript any time soon, I'll be sure to let you know. I'll have to celebrate big time and do some kind of giveaway.

As for the latest writing-related stuff, I've been asked to be an agent/editor coordinator for the LDStorymakers conference
which will be held May 6-7, 2011 at the Downtown Sheraton in Salt Lake City. How I got lucky enough to have the funnest job, I'll never know. Already it's been a blast.

And, for those of you who live in the proximity to Boise and are interested in writing childrens-YA, SCBWI will be holding a conference September 11. I'll be giving a presentation regarding my path to publication.

So, if you have any questions you want me to write about, drop in. I'd love to post about something you're interested in!

Till then, you'll probably end up with stories of my vacation and other mysteries of the universe....


No comments: