Sunday, August 15, 2010

Someone at Walmart

My grandma sent this to me today. It just struck me with more than one reaction. Try it on and see what you think....


Charley, a new retiree-greeter at Wal-Mart, just couldn't seem to get to work on time.

Every day he was 5, 10, 15 minutes late. But he was a good worker, really
tidy, clean-shaven, sharp minded and a real credit to the company and
obviously demonstrating their "Older Person Friendly" policies.
One day the boss called him into the office for a talk.
"Charley, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic, you do a bang up job,
but your being late so often is quite bothersome."

"Yes, I know boss, and I am working on it."
''Well good, you are a team player. That's what I like to hear.
It's odd though your coming in late.
I know you're retired from the Armed Forces.
What did they say if you came in late there?"









''They said, "Good morning, General, can I get you coffee, sir?'''






4 comments:

Cholisose said...

Funny story! Thanks for sharing.

Mary E Campbell said...

Lol - great story.

Synergy Girl said...

I find it humorous that you did a Walmart post...only because I have one up and coming...that one was sweet though...you just never know what background those greeters come from...

Melissa said...

I loved this. LOVED it!

I often look at the greeters and wonder what the rest of the story is... in fact, I do that with everyone I have contact with. It is interesting to me and I think it helps my kids get a better perspective on all types of people doing all types of jobs.