Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday Randomness

I can't believe it's Wednesday already. The little people are getting bored around here. Record high of crying and moaning going on. I think summer is coming to an end. I realized today that I've only written ten pages in the last two weeks. TEN PAGES!!! Of course, I've edited for several hours, so that should count for something.

Eighth Grade registration was a shocker. It cost over $100 for my son's classes, activity card, year book, lock and I can't remember what else. Then it occurred to me. My twins will be double that when they get into 8th grade. And I'll still have all these other kids to register. Woe. Hopefully I'm rich by then.

Which isn't likely.

Then there's the school clothes, school supplies and who knows what else. How do you people do it? The lottery? Rich relatives?

Okay, I'll stop complaining now.

Lately I've been up to my eyeballs in figuring out clogging costumes. I've seen more sparkly material in the last few weeks than the Miss America Pageant. And that's saying something. But I've got a lot of it figured out... I think.

This is the point where I should stop worrying about what we're going to wear and start worrying about what we're going to dance. Choreography season... I will get to it. I will.

In the meantime, can I just put a good word out there for all the boy dancers! I love it. This is a great time to dance if you're a guy. In fact, I have more guys than girls in one of my levels. Unheard of for me. And so cool. We're doing an all-boys class just because we can. So awesome.

And, my thirteen-year-old son taught a step to my adult performing team last week. That was amazing. After watching him teach them, I gained a whole new appreciation for his talent. Now if I could just get him to take out the garbage with that much enthusiasm...

Great, now I sound like I'm bragging. I'm not. Just thinking out loud... as it were.

My publisher found someone who has never read Alvor to review my second book to the series. They want a fresh eye to make it a strong enough story to stand alone. Hopefully we'll wrap up the editing soon.

In the meantime, I get to see my soon-to-be married niece and family this Saturday! Yay!

And I can't believe I'm saying this... but I'm excited for school to start. Don't tell my kids. But maybe they're getting excited too. Friends. Lots of friends. If you didn't have to wake up early there really wouldn't be a downside.

Okay, end of random rambling. Until next time...

No comments: