Friday, September 17, 2010

A Winner and a Snickers Bar


I don't buy candy bars unless it's Halloween.

Notice the period?

Last night my husband brought my 13 yr. old son to the store with him after picking him up from football practice. (yes, you heard right. He wants to play football now. )

Anyway, Snickers bars were buy one get one free. And being the soft daddy that he is, my husband bought my son a candy bar. And then thoughtfully put the other one in the freezer to eat later crushed up over ice cream, which to my utter astonishment is very awesome.

Remember the part about me not buying candy bars? I'm probably the only one that's never tried that with a Snickers bar before.

So I see the candy bar, get the short version of how it came to be at our house, and then ask what the heck nougatocity is. I can barely pronounce it.

Then left the room. You know, to catch two minutes of reading time because the kids are all in bed and the house is finally silent.

Then I hear my husband reading from the wrapper...
Nougatocity- a heightened yet fleeting state of accomplishment that makes you realize how unbelievably unmotivated you normally are.

What? Seriously? You buy a candy bar and it insults you? I'm unbelievably unmotivated normally? Ouch.

Whatever happened to FORTUNE cookies? Tell me something happy. You know, Dove Promises? I like happy.

I muttered "unbelievably unmotivated you normally are" for the rest of the evening.

And now on to less profound thoughts not found in the wrapper of a candy bar....

The winner of the $50 CSN gift card goes to throuthehaze

Thanks to all you Very Cool People who signed up and shared your warm thoughts. I loved hearing from you. Now I'm totally in the mood for applesauce. And pie. And hot chocolate. And cozy time reading on the couch not eating insulting Snickers bars.

Next time I'm buying Dark Chocolate Reeces.... and it better not call me names.

4 comments:

Synergy Girl said...

Wow...When did Snickers get such a big ego?? Talk about a jerk...someone needs a swift kick in the nougat...then lets see how nougatistical it feels....:D So...he's in football...didn't see that one coming!!!

P.S. Just outta curiosity...do you REALLY need that word verification?? Pain in the butt...cause 99% of the time it doesn't show up, so anything I comment, I have to copy and paste all over again...just sayin

Laura said...

Ha ha ha... candy bars think they know so much...

Yeah. Football. Who knew?

Jolene Perry said...

Thanks for the laugh. Next time I get a Snickers bar I'm totally putting it on ice cream. Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Dude. I can't believe the snickers has insults! The ones my sister sent me from overseas don't. >:(