Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Reaction

My four-year-old just now, "Mom! It's spring! I saw two butterflies."

Maybe it's because I've just had the most amazing week, but everything seems to have more color in it today. The wind is blowing and we lack flowers or even leaves on some of our normally gorgeous bushes. Outside spring is having a debate, but inside of me, it's here.

New life. New color. My heart is full.

I always come away from writers conferences feeling inspired and ready to take on my career with more enthusiasm, but this time that feeling has been multiplied in ways that I never thought possible.

To say I loved the LDStorymakers Conference does not seem to come close to expressing the depth of how this last week affected me in so many positive ways. Yesterday when I thought about it, it brought tears to my eyes. I don't know if people are allowed to have as many perfect experiences as I had in just four days.

I will never be the same person again.

That's not to say that I won't experience more and more failures as I reach towards my writing dreams, but at least my bucket is full now and whether I deserve it or not, I feel so much hope.

How can I say thank you enough to all the talented friendly people that made this last week so unforgettable? It takes a small army to accomplish what they did and they have my deepest gratitude.

For those of you who took the time to talk to me... and you know who you are... I can't say thank you enough. Thank you for filling my heart so full that it might just burst. And would that be such a bad thing? I will never be the same again. I am a different person than the girl who left for Utah last week. And I have you to thank for that.

No comments: