Saturday, June 25, 2011

When there are no words

Do you see that look of adoration, even from my then four-month-old daughter? We all looked at him that way. And on the other side, nothing will change about that.

Things I learned from my grandpa...

*a little bit of humor goes a long way

*hard work pays off

*if you take care of things, they will take care of you

*blueberries are good any time, any day, and there are always more in the freezer in the cellar

*don't give up

*never stop learning

*the world is a beautiful place

I love you Grandpa. Thanks for giving me a glimpse of what beauty the world has to offer. Thanks for giving me your green eyes. And thanks for making me laugh. You may understand now better than ever how much you have meant to me all my life. You will always be in my heart.

3 comments:

Synergy Girl said...

I love you...

Anonymous said...

My heart is broken for you. Praying for you and your family. God bless.

Jordan McCollum said...

How wonderful to have had the chance to share so much of your own life with your grandfather! You'll have those memories to treasure until you see one another again.

Wishing your family comfort.