Thursday, July 2, 2009

More Goodness

It's like they read my post. Or they are telepathic. Amazon just couldn't be out- sold, under-priced or beat out by the competition. As of today, Amazon.com is selling my book for $14.10. Go Amazon!

It's about time.

And from the home front, my list of things to do is growing longer every day. I'm starting to realize that I'm only one person, and there's only so much I can do at a time. But that doesn't stop the list from growing.

What to do?

It's July, and I still haven't done any really fun summer stuff with my kids. I don't have time. By the time I get done with the house work and writing work, and I'm just going to pretend I've been keeping up with my clogging work, there's just no more time.

Solution? Something's got to give. If you were at my house right now, you would probably assume I already decided to cut some slack on the house work. That's the insane thing. I just can't keep up. My idea of cleaning now is clothes to wear, food to eat, and dishes to eat off of. The rest is fluff. Until something starts to really get on my nerves, then maybe I'll get to it.

I can't stop writing. I'm addicted. I like to write for about two and a half hours a day, but sometimes I only get in an hour. There are other days when I don't even write. Yikes. I hate those days. I need to write. I love it too much to leave it.

Hmmm. Got me. I'm just hoping that my kids don't notice that the summer flew by without any remarkable memories to write their summer essays on. Some of them are too young to remember last week, let alone last summer, so for them, I'm probably covered.

But, I don't want to go down in history as a bad parent. So, I'm thinking I'll make some family fun goals. That way if I meet them, I can tell myself that I didn't fail as a fun parent. Maybe we'll only get to have fun every other week, but that's better than nothing.

3 comments:

mitzi said...

Sometimes just 10 minutes of story-reading or 15 minutes of running through the sprinkler is enough...
I'm looking at being in Boise in a couple of weeks--maybe I can catch you before we head up to my Mom's cabin and before you head down to Utah.

Laura said...

I really would love to see you. I'll be home all day on Wednesday, July 15. At least that was when I heard you were coming.
Like you said, even if it's just 15 minutes, maybe it'll be enough.

Yeah, right. Dang how I miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the parenting thing. I'm not even sure we've got clean dishes to eat off of...

Great news about amazon. I'm super excited for you!

(In case you don't remember me, I'm Laura from BYU. The not-so-slim girl who also has twins and we both stalk Dashner. Sorry it took me a while to find your blog. Thank you again for being so kind and gracious. It was a pleasure to meet you!)