Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's almost here

For better or worse, 2009 is coming to a close.

My motto last January was "Everything's Fine in 2009".

I tried to believe it.

But 2009 was not so divine. A lot of things are extremely fine, but I don't know if everything is fine for anyone. So I was thinking I needed a new motto for 2010. Something that gives me courage to face the things that aren't fine and helps me be excited for all the new challenges.

What is 2010?

"Trying Again in 2010"

"Endure to the End of 2010"

"Begin Again in 2010"

Whatever 2010 is, it's not like the cars that have already been built. The new year hasn't started yet and the possibilities really are endless. No matter what I already know will happen, there is so many more things no one can know. I love the adventure, the mystery. I love the fact that no matter who you are, all around the world everyone will be making their own 2010.

I've been reading the new year's resolutions from the comments left on the contest. If you haven't dropped a comment yet, you've got a little more time. Lots of people want to lose weight. Some want to read more. Be less stressed. Stop swearing. Spend less money.

And then there are a few who don't make resolutions.

All of these have left me thinking. What do I need to do to be a better me? I can't pick up the typical resolutions and copy them. I'm a totally different person than most. I really shouldn't resolve to do some of the same things, but at the same time, there are other things I need more of. And how will I know if I've met my goals if I don't have any.

I tell kids all the time that if they don't have a dream, their dream can't come true. If you don't have a resolution, you can't complete it. If you don't want to change, you won't.

I know we all tick a little different.

Most of my resolutions are in my head instead of somewhere where the world can see them. I'm hoping that 2010 will be an even better year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that where you're concerned, 2010 is going to be a GREAT year. Good things are headed your way, Laura. I know it.