Thursday, December 31, 2009

The moment you've been waiting for...

And the winner of the $20 Barnes & Noble gift card goes to.......


Marie


Congratulations Marie, and thanks, everyone, for stopping by and leaving your comments.


And, to the whole world--- Happy New Years!


Wish I had something truly profound to go along with that, but I think I'm fresh out of brilliance. Last night I was talking to my husband about the things I want to do in 2010. There are three seriously big things I'm aiming for, and I could only do two out of those three things in the same year. What kind of New Year's Resolution is that?

I guess they're more like goals than anything. It's not so much a lifestyle change as it is things I hope to accomplish. And, like most seriously big things, I can't do any of them alone. Nope. Not one. Each completely unrelated goal takes others to make it happen.

And yet each goal requires me to be completely committed or it can never happen.

While I have some absolutes that I will accomplish- I must accomplish- I'll never be able to live with myself it I don't acoomplish- those kinds of goals, the mystery lies still in which two out of three things I will end up doing this year.

So that's where I am on this snowy new year's eve. Wondering what 2010 will shape up to look like, what I'll be doing and how I'll ever figure it all out. Somewhere in there, I'll be sure to eat too many snacks, laugh and celebrate the fact that we're starting over with a new year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Marie!

New Years is an interesting time for reflection. I always approach it with equal degrees of thrill and trepidation. Whatever you choose, I'm behind you. I believe in you. I know you'll do great things. *hugs*

fredamans said...

Congrats Marie!

Diana D said...

What makes me happy is line dancing with the friends twice a week at the Senior Center. I'm happy to be able to get around as well as I do. Thanks for the wonderful giveaway.

dianad8008 AT gmail DOT com