Monday, August 31, 2009

The newest Winner


It's Monday, which means the first day of school for us. It was so strange how easy we slipped back into the routine. My twins have their first day of Kindergarten today and they're excited, but not freaked out about it.

Things seem really normal. How strange...

Anyway, I feel a little sad that we had to draw a new winner, but it's already Monday and we still haven't heard from the other winner.

So... using random.org I have a new winner....


Angela


Angela- send your mailing address to laurabinghambooks at gmail.com

And, to keep this contest from going on forever, Angela, you have until this Thursday to send me your address. If we haven't heard from you by Thursday night, we'll announce another winner Friday.

So, here's what's new on the writing home front. Hmm. Now that school has started I am thrilled to have more time to write. That's a big one.

I'm working with Costco to get my books in the Boise and Nampa stores. I'll be doing some signings there sometime.

School visits. It's been a slow start, but we're working on it. My friend is helping me contact schools and it looks like we'll be getting more places once school is more underway. If you happen to want an author visit at your school, go to my website and make a request. Or, if you know me, just give me a call.

Someone stopped me yesterday and said she didn't know I wrote a book. I shrugged. She said she found my website and blog and it looked like I was finally coming out of my shell. I laughed. She thought I was shy. I had no idea.

Anyway, I'm really not shy. Or, I guess I spend most of my time at social events chasing after my kids. The fact is, I don't really have time for most social events. I guess I'm going to have to work on that.
Alright, signing out for now. If you want to look at another author interview, check out Anne Bradshaw's blog. Thanks Anne.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Angela and condolences to numberonedashnerfan. ;)
Have fun on your school visits. I know you'll rock it up!

numberonedashnerfan said...

L.t. thanks....my computer died so I didnt find out tell it was 2 late....