Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Raking, Writing and Arithmetic

It's November. Need I say more?

Raking: Yes, you can have 7 inches of leaves in your front yard, it turns out. And the two hour power outage today was the perfect time to get out there and rake it up. I can't write if there's no power, right? Well, technically I could have used my laptop battery. But when I realized I was going to have to rake the inside of my house soon, I decided today was the day.

Writing: When I'm not writing, I'm thinking about writing, feeling guilty for not writing or planning my next space of time when I will get to write.

Arithmetic: Goal: 4 pages a day, at least 5 days a week. Making up for lost time due to parent/teacher conferences, babysitting kids, raking leaves and other necessary-for-living obligations allowed. That means writing ten pages at least one of the days of the week.
I will write 80 pages before November is over. I will.

If I say it enough times, then it will happen...right?

Seriously. What's not to love about November?

Okay, getting back to work now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're incredible, Laura. How do you do it all? You're a great mom, a dancer, a wife, and a writer. I wish I were more like you.

Diana D said...

sounds like there are not any idles moments in your home. Thanks for the wonderful giveaway.

dianad8008 AT gmail DOT com