Thursday, April 7, 2011

F is for Failure


So, you want to be a writer? Welcome to the world of epic failures. In fact, I don't know a success story where failure held no part in it. Name your favorite author. Now go see if you can find out how many rejections that person faced in the process.
If you want to make it in the writing industry, you're going to need some armor. You will get rejections and face disappointments. It's simply a fact.

Does it hurt? Sure. I would be lying if I told you that rejections made me feel wonderful. They stink. But, I will tell you another truth- I have learned from them.

What have I learned?

*Failure is proof that you're working. If you never face rejection, you never had the courage to submit in the first place.

*If you endure, there's a good chance you will be rewarded in the end.

*You can't give up. Unless you can seriously live without this in your life, you can't afford to.

Think of failure as a phoenix. After going through an entire process of what seems like a whole lifetime, everything goes down in flames. Then from the ashes, a new life is born. Failure is a chance to start over. You can get back up.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

I don't like the letter F, I guess. No, but you're right, if we never fail, we're not very likely to succeed.

LouMac said...

Nice advice. I love the quotes....especially the rain one! :D

C R Ward said...

A great post, and I love the t-shirts!

Elli said...

Greaat reading this