Wednesday, April 1, 2009

And the Fool goes to...


Yeah, it's April Fools day. I got up and stumbled into the kitchen with my cranky almost two year old who has a cold. I'm not a morning person- see below post for details.
I turn on the water to wash my hands only to be sprayed. It's the oldest trick in the book. My twelve year old son lovingly wrapped a rubberband around the sprayer. He didn't even try to disguise it. You don't have to when your mom's not a morning person. I have terrible reflexes before 10:00 AM. I got pretty wet.
My already cranky daughter immediately slips on the wet floor and now she's really crying. I wasn't laughing.
The pranks started a couple days ago when someone scotch taped the microwave shut. Fatal mistake- they did this at night. I caught it right away.
So, I told myself that I was going to have a good attitude about the "pranks" even though I'm not really the type.
Then I checked my e-mail. I've been laughing all morning.
About a month ago I had one of those super weird dreams. President Obama was related to me and decided to come to one of our family functions. I don't know why I dreamed that. It might have something to do with the fact that I knew I was related to President Bush. My grandma's maiden name is Bush. I've been related to the president of the Unites States for as long as the Bush family has been in office. That's a long time.
And no, they never came to any family events. We're pretty distant.
So when I dreamed that the Obamas were related to me, it was just plain strange.
Then I get an e-mail from Washington D.C. this morning. They have confirmed that I am fourth cousins once removed from President Obama.
Why? Did they read my mind? I hadn't asked for this information.
And at the end of the day, I finally find out that it was a prank too.
I guess I'm the fool.
And just for the record, I'm looking up before walking through doorways. This one has already paid off. My twelve year old isn't finished with me yet. Ha ha ha

2 comments:

mitzi said...

that little stinker--but I guess he isn't so little anymore...
I don't think anyone has figured out it is April Fool's day around here. It would be pretty cruel to prank a wounded mom!

Nate and Robin said...

Nate knows better then to do anything to me. I have warned him about things like that. Tyler and Chris aren't old enough to do anything either, so I'm safe for a few years.
Just so you know, I just came for a potluck and a lot of the ladies there also got the facebook message that we're related to the President. I think it's just an April Fool's thing.